Freshers Job Interview Questions
1. Tell me about yourself?
2. What are your strengths?
3. What are your weaknesses?
4. What are your hobbies?
5. Why do you want this job?
6. What’s your ideal company?
7. What attracted you to this company? Why do you want to work at our company?
8. Why should we hire you?
9. Give a brief about your education, your place and family background?
10. What is the difference between confidence and over confidence?
11. What is the difference between hard work and smart work?
12. How do you feel about working nights and weekends?
13. What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?
14. What do you know about our company?
15. Are you willing to relocate?
16. Can you work under pressure?
17. What makes you angry?
18. Give me an example of your creativity?
19. How long would you expect to work for us if hired?
20. Explain how would be an asset to this organization?
21. Are not you overqualified for this position?
22. Would you lie for the company?
23. If you won $10 million lottery, would you still work?
24. What was the toughest decision you ever had to make?
25. On a scale of one to ten, rate me as an interviewer?
26. How much salary do you expect?
27. Tell us something about your project?
28. What are real time practical applications of this project?
29. Do you have any questions for me?
30. What are your goals in the future?
31. Tell us about your goals- both short term and long term?
32. Do you have any blind spots?
33. Where do you see yourself five years from now?
34. Describe your management style?
35. Are you a Team Player?
36. What motivates you to do good job?
37. Who has inspired you in your life and why?
38. What was the toughest decision you ever had to make?
39. How do you define success and how do you measure up to your own definition?
40. Tell me something about our company.
41. How much salary do you expect?
42. What changes would you make if you came on board?
43. What would you say to your boss if he is crazy about an idea, but you think it stinks?
44. How could you have improved your career progress?
45. How do you feel about reporting to a younger person?
46. Looking back, what would you do differently in your life?
47. Did you face any difficulty in finding this place?
48. Why does this role interest you? Or why have you applied for this job?
49. Are you an Introvert or Extrovert?
50. Are you willing to change your project/profile when required?
51. What skills do you want to develop to succeed in this role?
52. Are you planning to go for further studies?
53. What newspaper/magazine/book do you read?
54. Tell me something about yourself that is not written in your resume?
55. Do you know anyone who works with this company?
56. Do you have any other offer at hand?
57. What is your greatest achievement?
58. What was your biggest mistake?
59. Are you speaking to some other companies? Or how is your job search going on?
60. Which companies are you talking to?
61. Why haven’t you got a job yet?
62. Are you ambitious?
63. How do you feel about doing repetitive work?
64. Are there any kinds of people you cannot work with?
65. If you face a problem with your own performance, what would you do?
66. In a catastrophic situation like fire what you will do?
67. What will you do if you are offered a job with a salary higher than we offer?
68. Don’t you think, you are overqualified for this position?
69. How long can you commit to work with us?
70. If you have never lead in the past, how would you do it in this role?
71. What do you prefer working with figures, or with words?
72. Have you ever worked under pressure? Give example.
73. If you think a work should be done in a particular way while the other person thinks that it should be done the other way, what would you do to resolve the conflict?
74. If you face a problem with your own performance, what would you do?
75. How would you classify your style of management?\
76. What qualities would you like in your would be boss?
77. How would you describe your work style?
78. What motivates you at work?
79. What are your ambitions?
80. Have you ever made a mistake? How did you rectify it?
81. Would you like to work in a team or on your own?
82. Has your career developed as you had liked?
83. What would you do if your team ceased to perform?
84. Would you take up this job if we offered it to you?
85. What according to you is a BPO?
86. Why do companies outsource their work?
87. What is voice based BPO?
88. What is a call centre?
89. What attracts you towards a BPO?
90. How do you rate your communication skills?
91. If you were hiring for this position, what qualities would you look for?
92. How would you describe yourself as a person?
93. Are you patient, give an example to show this?
94. What will you do when a customer is abusive / irritated?
95. Sell a product…
96. Are you planning to go for further studies?
97. If well qualified, why do you want to work in a call centre?
98. How to impress your customer?
99. What does customer service mean to you?
100. What do you expect from us, as an employer?
101. Tell us about your qualities that affect this job?
102. Tell me something about your parents?
103. If you want to change anything in your life, what will you change?
104. How has your experience prepared you for your career?
105. Describe the ideal job?
106. What contributions could you make in this organization that would help you to stand out from other applicants?
107. What sort of criteria are you using to decide the organization you will work for?
108. What made you choose this major?
109. Have your university and major met your expectations?
110. What made you choose this college?
111. List 2-3 of your greatest achievements since you’ve been in college and why?
112. Which subjects have you enjoyed studying the most and why?
113. Which subjects did you dislike and why?
114. How would a professor who knows you well describe you? One who does not know you well?
115. Given the chance, how would you alter your education?
116. What sort of serious problems have you experienced, and how have you handled them?
117. Would you be willing to take a drug test?
118. Do you drink alcohol socially?
119. If you had your whole life to live over, what would you do differently and why?
120. Which is more important to you, your salary or your job?
121. What have you found to be the biggest source of motivation in your life?
122. What sorts of things cause you stress, and how do you deal with them?
123. What is your definition of success?
124. What qualities should a successful supervisor possess in regard to job requirements and those who report to him/her?
125. What kind of work environment you like the best?
126. In what areas do you need to improve your skills?
127. Do you consider yourself successful?
128. What have you done to improve your knowledge in the last year?
129. What is your philosophy towards work?
130. If you had enough money to retire right now, would you?
131. Tell me about a suggestion you have made?
132. Tell me about your dream job?
133. Why do you think you would do well at this job?
134. What kind of person would you refuse to work with?
135. What would your Professor say your strongest point is?
136. Are you willing to work overtime? Nights? Weekends?
137. How do you propose to compensate for your lack of experience?
138. Tell me about a time when you helped resolve a dispute between others?
139. What position do you prefer on a team working on a project?
140. Tell your Life Experience?
141. What are your outside interests?
142. Can you tell us about a challenging situation at education you have encountered so far? How did you tackle it?
143. Give us an instance when you failed in spite of your best efforts?
144. How would you evaluate your analytical skills?
145. Tell us about what you consider as your weak area- things you find difficult to manage?
146. Is there anything that would make us want to hire you, apart from what we have already asked you?
147. What are you looking to gain from this organization?
148. What for you are the most important factors of an employee’s responsibility towards the organization?
149. What are the essential qualities that make a good team player?
150. What do you consider as a reasonable starting salary with us?
151. Tell me about something you did – or failed to do – that you now feel a little ashamed of?
152. What are your career options right now?
153. What good books have you read lately?
154. Who has inspired you in your life and why?
155. Have you ever considered starting your own business?
156. Tell me something negative you’ve heard about our company?
157. Are you willing to put the interests of the organization ahead of your own?
158. What would you say is the most important thing you have learnt in your college?
159. Just leave this resume. Tell us something personally about yourself?
160. In all these days what did you learn related to software?
161. Any extracurricular activities?
162. What do you know about this company’s services?
163. Express your view about our company web site?
164. Tell me something about your past life?
165. Where is your Put-Up?
166. Do You Have any Health Problem?
167. Why is employee training important to an organization?
168. What is more important to you money or position?
169. Why companies always ask for experience candidates even at entry level and what do you think that how a fresher can get experience without having a job?
170. What industry besides this one are you looking into?
171. If I asked the people who know you well to describe you, what three words would they use?
172. If I asked the people who know you for one reason why I shouldn’t hire you what would they say?
173. Why do you feel that this company will be a career for you rather than a job?
174. Describe how your favourite course has contributed your career interests?
175. Since you have been at college, what is it that you are proudest of?
176. If you could change a decision you made while at college what would you change and why?
177. Describe your ideal company, location and job?
178. What are some things you would like to avoid in a job? Why?
179. Who or what in your life would you say influenced you most with regard to your career objectives?
180. The person in this position needs to be innovative and proactive. Can you describe some things you have done to demonstrate these qualities?
181. Is there anything else that we should know about you that would impact our decision?
182. Please give me your definition of [the position for which you are being interviewed.
183. What is the meaning of your name?
184. Why software inspite of you being an Electrical engineering graduate?
185. Do you know about bond? Are you ready for 3 years bond?
186. What is IT according to you?
187. Are you ready to work in any kind of profile?
188. What was your role in your academic project?
189. Do you have any offer letter? If not then why?
190. If I didn’t select you then what will you do?
191. Which is your most memorable moment?
192. What were the differences you noticed between your school and college life?
193. Do you feel the need for formal education to be successful in life?
194. How soon can you join us?
195. What is the difference between honesty and integrity?
196. What is the difference between hearing and listening?
197. What you have achieved besides your academics?
198. Are you willing to work in any office of the company across the country?
199. Which is your favorite book? What is the book you are reading at present?
200. Why did you choose this branch? (eg. Engineering, IT, Medicine, Management, HR, Finance, Marketing, Economics, Law, Science, Geology …)